Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Smilin' Sammy

I knew I wanted to make this cake for Haley's birthday, especially considering her favorite song and book is You Are My Sunshine.

I only have a small part of the "recipe" and, even then, I changed it a bit to accommodate my frugal budget.  I think Joanna has the actual recipe, so maybe she'll make it again sometime. It suggests licorice for the mouth and sunglasses, with oreos for the eyes.  I just used black frosting for everything.

The rays are just ice cream cones that are frosted.  I had a hard time getting them to stay up on the cake, but it was hard to notice, so no big deal.

Everyone loved it. Jacob's family was there for her birthday and they all said it was cute.  I liked it, because it was cute and also very easy.  Haley liked it a lot, too.

Sorry I don't have a better picture.



She never even made it to the cake.

4 comments:

  1. I only have a picture no actual recipe. It looks cute as does the birthday girl and the birthday banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have a picture no actual recipe. It looks cute as does the birthday girl and the birthday banner.

    ReplyDelete