Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Kai Si Ming

This is recipe from Ellen Cooper. I wondered about the origins of this dish since it sounds Asian, but it uses American ingredients. After poking around, I found it's actually Australian, which makes sense. Most of the recipes for this dish include vegetables, particularly cabbage. It seems like you could add in whatever veggies you want, and it would be good.

Kai Si Ming

1 lb hamburger
1 onion, sliced
3 c hot water
1 pkg dry chicken noodle soup mix
2 tsp curry powder

Brown hamburger and onion. Add water, soup and curry. Simmer for 15-45 min. Serve over hot rice. Good with soy sauce, too.

I didn't have very high expectations for this dish, but I liked it better than I thought. Brian thought it was okay. I usually don't go for recipes that take dry soup mixes because they tend to be very salty. This is no exception. If you aren't watching your sodium intake, give this recipe a try.

1 comment: