Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Easy Alfredo Sauce

I have actually made this recipe before, from allrecipes.com

Easy Alfredo Sauce

1 pint heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
In a medium saucepan combine whipping cream, butter or margarine, and grated Parmesan cheese. Cook over medium low heat until smooth. Remove from heat. Sauce will thicken upon standing.

Pretty easy. I thought it was a little grainy, so I may have had the heat up too high. I mixed some chopped spinach in the sauce and the graininess wasn't noticeable. I also assumed this was a recipe where you season to your tastes, so I added garlic, pepper, and a little bit of Italian seasonings. I put it on some spaghetti and shredded chicken, and it all tasted good.

After a streak of not very good meals, Brian said this one was good enough to go in the regular meal rotation. 

1 comment:

  1. Yummo... This is exactly the kind of thing I'm liking nowadays ( and that Dad has never liked.)

    ReplyDelete