Thursday, June 19, 2014

Chicken Divan

I wasn't expecting much when I made tonight's dinner.  I had heard of Chicken Divan, but no one has ever called it spectacular! or amazing!

But what we ate didn't taste half bad.




Chicken Divan
Submitted by Marilyn Tronier (on some random piece of paper)


1 package (10 oz) frozen asparagus or broccoli spears, cooked and drained
3 to 4 servings sliced cooked chicken
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/3 c milk
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese

Arrange asparagus spears in a 1 1/2 qt. shallow baking dish; top with chicken. Blend soup and milk; pour over all.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes or until hot.

Makes 3 to 4 servings.

It was good. Not awesome, but good, quick, and cheap enough for me.  I will probably make it again when I'm in a pinch for a dinner to have.

And as a side note, for dessert we had this Chocolate Cobbler.  It was a deemed "so good!".  You should make it now (with ice cream, of course).

3 comments:

  1. I have like three recipes of chicken divan in my pile. It makes a decent meal.

    Yes, chocolate pudding cake is "so good!" Except last time I made it I forgot to add the cocoa in the top part. It was still edible, just watery instead of pudding-y. I've messed up that recipe so many times, and it always has been edible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Russell has been on a 'cho-pa' kick lately so maybe we'll make that chocolate cake tonight for dessert.

    ReplyDelete