Sunday, June 8, 2014

Easy Ham and Noodles

This is what was for dinner last night.
 
Easy Ham and Noodles
 
recipe image
Rated: rating
Submitted By: BOBKAT2000
Photo By: GodivaGirl
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ready In: 40 Minutes
Servings: 4
"Leftover ham gets a second chance to please your palate in this simple casserole of egg noodles, Cheddar cheese and cream of mushroom soup. Add sweet green peas for color and flavor."
Ingredients:
2 cups cooked egg noodles
1 cup cubed, cooked ham
1/2 cup cubed Cheddar cheese
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream
of mushroom soup
1/2 (10.75 ounce) can milk
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Place the noodles, ham, cheese, soup and milk in a 9x9 inch casserole dish and mix well.
3. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes.                     

  I have been nesting and one thing that has been driving me crazy is our freezers (and pantry, but that is another story). I found some leftover ham I had frozen from our New Year's ham this year, so I thought "why not make this while the temperature is below 70 degrees."  It was okay. The printed version I had said it had been scaled to 8 servings, which I should have paid attention to and halved the recipe. I didn't, and I think I may have not cooked quite enough noodles because it was pretty saucy. I added some peas from a partially used bag to get it out of the freezer, too. Little Chubb took a break from his food strike and ate quite a bit of it. Big Chubb didn't like the fact that there was no flavoring besides the ham and cream of mushroom soups. He has high hopes for some onions or garlic or something else next time we eat it.
   

3 comments:

  1. He should just put lots of his hot sauce on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it would be better with rice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He did suggest using sour cream instead of the milk. I think that would make it some better.

    ReplyDelete