Monday, August 22, 2016

Cookies n' Cream Pie

Sunday late afternoon saw me looking through recipes trying to find a dessert to make for after dinner. I was aiming for a cake to celebrate President Monson's birthday, but when I saw this one and realized that I actually had all the ingredients, I decided to go for it. Doesn't it sound way better than a dry piece of birthday cake?


Cookies n' Cream Pie

1 6-oz Keebler Ready Crust Reduced Fat Graham Cracker Pie Crust
1 1/2 c skim milk
1 (4-serving size) package of vanilla, fat-free instant pudding
1 (8-oz) container frozen, light whipped topping, thawed
1 c (10-12 cookies) Sunshine Hydrox Reduced Fat (or Regular) Choclate Sandwich cookies, coarsely crushed

1. Beat together milk and pudding for 1 minute until well blended. Let stand 5 minutes.
2. Fold in whipped topping and crushed cookies. Spoon into crust.
3. Freeze until firm, about 6 hours. Makes 1 pie.

We came home from the reunion with a big box of graham crackers, and Brian's mom bought (among a bunch of other oversized packages of things) a bulk package of Oreos for the drive home. There were only four of us, and it's only a 15 hour drive, and Owen threw up in his seat, which suppressed all of our appetites. Hence, we had lots of Oreos and graham crackers to use for this. I also happened to have Cool Whip and I made some homemade pudding.

Advice: Plan ahead! My Cool Whip was frozen still, and the pudding was hot still, but I was in such a rush I mixed it all anyway and probably made it less fluffy than it is supposed to be. And we wanted to eat it that night, so Brian and I had it as cold pudding consistency rather than frozen. I just finished a frozen piece and it was better frozen. It is yummy, even dense rather than fluffy, and even as pudding rather than frozen. It was also probably better since I didn't use any low-fat versions of anything.

If you ever happen to have graham crackers, Oreos, pudding, and Cool Whip at the same time, give it go. Otherwise, it would be pretty expensive.

2 comments:

  1. Looks okay, but I'm not such a huge fan of Oreos. Isn't Brian a huge Cookies and Cream fan? I seem to remember that.

    ReplyDelete