Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Nutty Cheese Tortellini

This is a Taste of Home recipe that I've been wanting to try. I've been putting off making it because it's more expensive than our normal dinner fare, but I finally got the stuff for it.

Ingredients
1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
1/2 cup butter, cubed
1/2 cup minced fresh parsley (I used dried)
1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Coarsely ground pepper to taste

Directions
Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and keep warm. In the same pan, melt butter. Stir in the tortellini, parsley and walnuts; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Cheese Tortellini in Taste of Home February/March 2008, p54

Favorite! I'm glad because I haven't had many really good main dish Cupboard Project recipes. It was fast to put together, and the flavors went really well together. I normally think tortellini isn't worth buying because most of the filling flavor is overpowered with other stuff in the recipe (especially with marinara sauce), but that wasn't the case. The mild flavor of nuts and parsley worked well. I used half the butter, and it was still plenty. Next time I will probably only use 2-3 tablespoons. And toasting the walnuts definitely was worth the effort. Not recommended for nut-haters. C (who likes some nuts) carefully picked around the walnuts and spit out any mouthfuls where a nut snuck in.

1 comment:

  1. We'll have to try this. Ben will be happy to see a totellini recipe.

    ReplyDelete