Saturday, November 12, 2016

Favorite Cupboard Project Recipes

I think a lot of CP recipes have ended up being...meh. Some are old enough that they are out of style or no longer considered healthy. But, there have been some gems. So, what CP recipes do you regularly make?

For breakfast, these cinnamon stack biscuits have become a favorite. They are pretty quick and easy, and a nice change from pancakes or German pancakes when we want something hot and special for breakfast.

I've made both of these enchilada recipes a lot. The black bean and chicken one I really like, but we don't have bacon around a lot. The bean and cheese enchiladas are a staple for non-meat enchiladas.

Everyone in our family loves gnocchi with zucchini ribbons. Some only love the gnocchi and won't touch the zucchini, and some don't love the tomatoes. I love all of it.

This squash cake recipe is just so delicious, especially with whipped cream cream cheese frosting. Yum. I didn't make it this summer since we didn't have a lot of summer squash, but I miss it.

I made the pumpkin caramel pound cake for a 3 birthday cake. It is so decadent that I haven't made it again, but I often think about it! Maybe this fall will be the time. I'm allowed to gain lots of weight now, right?

I haven't made it with the nuts, but I've made tortellini with butter and parsley several times. It's so simple and delicious. A couple tablespoons of butter is definitely enough though.

What Cupboard Project recipes have stuck around your kitchen?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I forgot the Jewish apple cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bean and cheese enchiladas are definitely one that we eat regularly and is enjoyed by all. Our other favorites are the gnocchi with zucchini ribbons, caramel pumpkin pound cake, pumpkin zucchini bread. The honey wheat bread I did is our favorite bread recipe. Buckeyes and secret kiss cookies I made last Christmas. Sausage stuffed sandwich (or recipe of awesomeness). Creamy tortellini soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baked apple donuts, though I don't make them very often because they take a while and my kids demand food right away when they wake up. And, I need to eat healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I didn't include any that I knew about before CP. If I included those, baked apple donuts would definitely be on the list. Also chocolate sandwich cookies.

    ReplyDelete